before it was refinished! yechk. Poor Geoff got the unfinished end of the stick. *sadface* Let’s be honest, like he cared, which is probably why I put it on his side (whoops!). I finally got tired of looking at this piece of work and decided it was about that time to do something about it. I originally intended to get a lil’ funky with this piece when I first spotted it at an estate sale a while back, and like the old saying goes, stick with your gut. The supplies I used for this project are: Zinsser 1,2,3 Primer (awesome), Valspar paint in Black (apparently there’s no creative substitution for that:), Minwax Wood Filler, sanding sheets with 220 grit, Valspar spray paint in Brilliant Gold, and Minwax Polyurethane spray (not recommended for this project…it changed the finish of the gold spray paint, rookie mistake!)
(Cute puppy helper not included)
I really like how the original handles sprayed in gold came out against the glossy black finish! I also decided to paint one side of the pullout tray black and the other side gold…because you never know what kind of mood you might be in to style your room! 🙂
This piece is currently for sale! I’m looking into FedEx shipping to broaden my buyers’ market if you know anyone who’s interested! 🙂 As always, thanks for reading and sharing with me on my pursuit of DIY design!