Safely nestled at home and missing your aesthetician like me during this quarantine?? On today’s blog post I’m sharing something that’s kept me sane and filled my self-care love tank: my skin care routine, at-home version. We all love a good spa day or even the sound of one so I wanted to share some of my favorites I’ve enjoyed during this crazy season of life. I’ve added a few favorites to my skin care regimen lately and thought I’d share them with y’all! On today’s LtL post I’m sharing 10 skin care products you need for at-home spa day quarantine that will leave your skin feeling fresh and dewy like an early morning daisy.
Here’s the truth – I am not a skin care professional, but I do consider myself a passionate enthusiast of all things skin care. I love things that make me feel good, promote self care, fill my tank and BONUS is good physically for me too. You know why else I love skin care so much? Because it doesn’t judge how many cinnamon rolls or Kettle Cooked Jalapeño chips I’ve eaten during this quarantine (that job is left for my jeans). So today’s post is for the people, the self-care advocates and beauty junky want-to-be-ers like myself. I love sharing things I love and today is dedicated to just that.
10 favorite skin care products for an at-home spa day:
With non-essential businesses being closed at this time I decided to take matters into my own hands and get a few (personal) essentials to keep my skin lookin’ almost as good as if I’d just had a professional facial. Whether daily or weekly, it’s nice to find some time to dedicate to your skin and yourself. These are some of my favorite skin care products to bring the spa home and leave your skin feeling good.
- Nano Ionic Face Steamer – I recently got this facial steamer and LOVE it. It’s quickly risen to my top 3 favorite at-home skin care products. With an auto 10 minute timer, all you do is fill with water and let the steam do the work. Not only is it relaxing, it helps prep your skin for a nice purifying mask or your usual skin care products like serums and moisturizers. Use weekly for drier skin, every 3-4 days for oily/combination skin.
- The Ordinary Peeling Solution – This peel is said to pack professional results at a fraction of the cost, and I’d have to agree. Start with a DRY, cleansed face and apply generously. For first time users don’t leave on for more than the recommended 10 minutes. This is a lower dosage of a glycolic acid peel and can be irritating to the skin. Add weekly into your normal skin care routine and apply your typical products after peel. The Ordinary Peeling Solution leaves my face softer and brighter and for some may help with acne/scarring.
- Clarins V-Facial Intensive Wrap – mmm I love this face mask. It feels like a moisturizing cloud on my face that I never want to take off. I love it so much I even travel with it and about to make another repurchase of it. It’s great for those tired, dehydrated mornings your face needs a little extra quench of hydration. Insert: needs everyday
- La Pure Korean Face Mask – I love these face masks for two very important reasons. You get 10 for under $20 AND they feel amazing. My skin feels so hydrated after one of these and it always makes me wonder why they are
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask – Another super moisturizing mask I love using regularly. I’ve repurchased this a few times. It feels so creamy going on and leaves my skin feeling hydrated after use.
- Jade Facial Ice Roller – LOVE! If y’all know me or follow me on Instagram you know this is one of my favorite beauty tools (and it’s under $10!). Keep it in the freezer for optimal icy relaxation. The jade roller helps with lymphatic drainage (puffiness) and I like to use on my temple and forehead for tension headaches. Wash with warm soapy water after use and pop this bad boy back in the freezer for the next day. I try to use daily and have more than one. 😉
- Skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gel – These are some of my favorite eye masks. I love how they stay PUT, unlike some other eye masks I use. They feel so cooling and refreshing under my eyes. I will put them on with a face mask and use the jade roller to enhance the cooling affects and depuffing needs.
- Pixi DetoxifEYE Facial Treatment – I’m new to these based on the recommendation of Kathleen on Instagram @kathleenjenningsbeauty – she swears by these serum soaked eye masks and if Kathleen likes it, I’m on board. She even sleeps in hers and claims to see a noticeable difference in her puffy eyes the next morning…or lack there of. I’ve yet to sleep in mine but I DO love these as an affordable option to some of my go-to pricier eye masks. Wear daily, anytime of day. They are great to pair with a face mask and jade roller for optimum relaxation.
- Beautybio GloPRO Microneedling – A bit on the pricier side compared to the above products but my new FAVORITE at-home spa skin care tool. It’s said to be a nice alternative to professional microneedling and Botox, and is pregnancy safe (which neither of the latter are). I’m new to this product and only used it a few times but even Geoff has noticed a difference in my skin’s overall appearance. It’s a tad uncomfortable and causes some redness right after use, but this goes away quickly. I do notice some skin sensitivity when applying my hyaluronic acid serum and vitamin C serum on after use but my skin feels instantly smoother and more plump.
- PMD Personal Microderm Tool – This is a repeat favorite of mine, but hey, isn’t that why they’re called favorites?! 🙂 I’ve been using this tool regularly for 2 years now and it’s still in my top at-home day spa tools. You can read more about why I love the PMD here.
So that’s it! Those are my 10 favorite skin care products for at-home spa day. Even if you had only a few of these I can guarantee you it’ll turn your day (or at least your skin tone) around. For other skin care related post, visit here or here and see why shaving your face IS all that it’s cracked up to be.
I hope everyone is staying safe at home and healthy during these strange times. My prayers go to those who aren’t well and gratitude to those in the healthcare system doing their very best to care for the ill. ❤️
As always, thank you for reading and following along! Do you have any skin care favorites for am at-home day spa you swear by? Share with us below!
Lemons to Love,
Interested in more content from me? Keep in touch and subscribe to Lemons to Love. You will receive content, new blog post updates and access to all the exciting things happening with LtL.